• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Do you ever feel 100% comfortable?

Jamshyd

Bluelight Crew
There is absolutely no way for me to feel completely relaxed or simply totally pain-free. If I sit still, I always get the impression that my body is closing in on me. I also have the compulsion to cross my legs. As well, if I sit for a long time, I will usually end up with a pain in my back-left hip.

Can anyone relate to this constant state of "background noise" pain/discomfort?

Yes I used to have a problem like this, I have nerve damage in my back so I take painkillers and I find it very hard to relax or sit still plus some of very high strung person. Recently I have been doing tai chi. I do it for about an hour a day or more. I find it is an absolute great way to relax. Tai chi will help you focus on your body movements and will help you center yourself. I find it is a great way to relax its not hard on your body all the movements are very slow and graceful. I find after it do tai chi that I'm very relaxed and very focused maybe you should try this it could help be a great deal.

times when i'm totally comfortable

-after a deep yoga session. this does tend to open my mind and cause racing thoughts however. if I'm able to do sitting meditation after yoga, I can get to a state of almost emptyness.

-while i'm trail running. basically an immersion in being uncomfortable. after a while i seem to release a bunch of natural painkillers and feel like i'm floating while running.

-being really high on opiates, benzos, and molly

I agree that tai chi is great. Recently started qui quong and find it to be simpler than tai chi but just as effective.

One time where it would be nice if i was more comfortable is in the morning. aye my back!

^ The morning is my biggest lament. I often wake up with all my muscles sore, as if I had been doing hard labour during my sleep, I don't get it.

The main point here is not so much relaxation than it is what seems to be a continuous awareness of pain. I once heard a chiropractor say that some people get so much pain in their backs that the body disperses it so that it feels like baseline rather than focused pain...

I've been wanting to try Tai Chi for a long time now, yet never seem to be able to get the chance.

look up some qui quong, it is way simpler than tai chi and just as effective. some people say that tai chi was created to confuse the commoners (people with out access to expensive teachers and elaborate rituals) as to put self healing out of their hands.

yoga WILL offer you immediate relief however. for your back you need to -bend forwards, -bend backwards, -twist. Three seperate poses :)

rarely am I 100% comfortable. My body usually aches for some reason... if my body feels completelly fine the anxiety is always fuckin there. It's one or the other. I'm never just at ease

Mehm said:
look up some qui quong, it is way simpler than tai chi and just as effective. some people say that tai chi was created to confuse the commoners (people with out access to expensive teachers and elaborate rituals) as to put self healing out of their hands.

yoga WILL offer you immediate relief however. for your back you need to -bend forwards, -bend backwards, -twist. Three seperate poses :)

Yay

I feel always comfortable when I eat just a right amount of food and sleep early. Without qi gong or yoga I can feel balanced, but they help a lot. Jam, maybe try to get your body in a routine, and eat small meals of mostly vegetables. This does it for most people I know. Try to roll your foot over a stone or a small hard ball as well... sometimes you can get the knots out via there.

I hardly ever get pain, but I do get racing thoughts sometimes (rarely, usually when I haven't eaten for way too long, or when I take a lot of cocoa :D). I try to get outdoors or take a nap if it gets too much.

A very recent discomfort (not physical) I've been having is feeling TOO MUCH energy at times. It's not really overthinking, but I feel like my mind is "freed" like it is when I'm on psychedelics. I don't really know how to describe it. I don't get crazy or anything... But it gets a little bit scary in rare occasions. It's like I'm walking and then I all of a sudden am in a place that is like how you feel when you are at the peak of meditation. I don't do stupid things, but I feel zoned-out-but-in-control.

Sorry for hijacking this thread... I just wanted to share that. It probably belongs in an entire thread altogether.

im very very RARELY comfortable....i have had back pain for years and i jhave anxiety and the only thing that seems to alleviate the anxiety is exercise, but when i exercise i get back pain or shoulder pain..its like a negver ending battle..i wish i could be like a normal person that can just sit around and chill out but im not, probably never will be..

I'm comfortable all the time. I actually seem to have an aura of calmness around me that affects other people too. My girlfriend and others comment on it a lot.

I am rarely flustered, uncomfortable, etc. I pretty much feel 100% in control, calm, happy, and satisfied with my existence all the time. Its almost like being in a permanent zen state.

I have a lack of spinal curve (genetic). Meaning I am constantly crushing two vertebrae which then I was starting to develop Fibromyalgia symptoms (NOT GOOD!)

I went through physical therapy, taking lyrica, acupuncture etc.

I didnt have relief until I exercised everyday (ride my bike at least 3 miles a day), and started taking good vitamins and herbs.

I also dont consume night shades nearly at all anymore, because the solanine.

I used to get sooo mad at MGS when he would move while I was trying to get to sleep. My spine and hips would aaaaachhhhe, and then have to reposition . Everything I did was taxing and was making me depressed.

-------------------------
Jammy-
If you are sore in the morning,

1 are you drinking enough water?
2 Do you think your Trace minerals and electrolytes are off?

What could help:
Magnesium, Magnesium (yes I said it twice because its that important), B vitamines, strawberries, tumeric, Horsetail Grass,
Garcinia Cambogia, Gold Coin Herb, European Hyssop Herb, Lovage Root, Opuntia Cactus, Ubiquinol, Valerian, Calcium, and L- Theanine

plus many more.

Why do you think you have pain? Is it neurological, psychosomatic (to some extent) or muscular-skeletal?

Is it worse when you are stressed out? Or when its a cold room?

PS - Are you really flexible? No this isnt just a come on, hehe only if you want it to be, its an important question. :)

Last edited:
^ HaHa.... thats funny. My doc just explained to me that a lot of my pain comes from the fact that I am "hypermobilic" and because I have a greater range of motion in my joints, I am constantly overextending them causing fatigue and soreness. Not sure that I believe it is the total reason, but I am a little upset that I may have missed my chance to be a professional gymnast. ;)

^ Haha, I'd love it to be, WV ;)

I am not at all flexible actually. Its a sort of "Rigor Vitalis" because my body seems to be in a constant state of contraction.

Interesting suggestions, yes - I agree with you on the importance of Magnesium, and I do take a supplement every night. I also include Turmeric in all my cooking (although not recently since I don't have a stove here :().

I honestly don't know the answer to your other questions. I suppose i will observe myself...

How do you feel when in a pool or body of water?

Which side of your body do you sleep on?

The fact that you feel your body "contracting" on you might indicate bodily repression. This would only further alter the perception of the pain if that's the case.

Last edited:
^ Can you please elaborate? I'm interested. Certainly, my relationship with my body is not ideal, as you know.

There are times when cool water = pain for me (can't figure out when, but I know for sure that that is always accompanied with depression), but usually I feel ok in water.

As for sleeping, I sleep on my back. Interestingly enough, I am most comfortable in a corpse position - with left palm over right hand crossed over solar plexus. The reason I sleep on my back is to avoid the infrequent insomnia that sometimes results from a sensation that me legs are very heavy on each other when I'm lying on my side.

I can relate to what you are talking about here jammy.

I work a desk job :( and if i sit still for too long i get that pain in my left hip that you describe, I have seen a chiropractor for it even (it gets much worse around my period...) I also get tension in my neck and shoulders. I am always shamelessly begging Delsyd for massages on my sore body parts.

I can say that Yoga helps a great deal. My body feels happy and relaxed after a good yoga session, especially on the lower back. Deep breathing helps as well, relaxes my entire body.

Eckart Tole says that you should try to accept pain that your body feels. Embrace the pain and love the pain because it is your reality and if you ACCEPT the pain mentally it becomes much less physically. I have experimented with this, even tho I find it quite difficult to do, it does work.

I have a similar sense of mild, constant discomfort throughout my body. However, it is not so much a soreness but rather....this feeling like my muscles are constantly twitching and vibrating without ever being able to just relax and "be". I akin it to anxiety a bit, but its not just mental. It's most noticeable when I'm in a situation where I need to do some sort of fast paced task, or when I meet new people. It's odd that some people help alleviate this symptom by just being around me, and others exasperate it for no apparent reason.
Also, cannabis has a strong role to play in how I perceive this sensation of constant (uncomfortable) vibration throughout my body. If I am with others, it usually makes it worse and more noticeable, like I'm too aware of every movement that I make. However, If I'm alone it usually makes me much more calm and centered. Just wanted to put my .2 cents in and let you know that your not alone with this semi-constant state of discomfort.

Jamshyd said:
^ Can you please elaborate? I'm interested. Certainly, my relationship with my body is not ideal, as you know.
As a self-defense mechanism we can push elements of ourselves through the I-You-It boundaries. That is, we can either project aspects of ourselves onto other people, or even experience these aspects as eternal forces acting on us. In some extreme cases completely psychological repressions show up as serious physical symptoms.

If your body is giving you problems and you are perceiving it as an external force acting on you then this might be why.

I'm not saying that this is a purely psychological thing. You are probably feeling some legitimate discomfort with your body. I'm saying that there is probably a psychological component that has developed with the physiological one.

I had the same problem.

There are times when cool water = pain for me (can't figure out when, but I know for sure that that is always accompanied with depression), but usually I feel ok in water.
Do you feel 100% comfortable?

As for sleeping, I sleep on my back. Interestingly enough, I am most comfortable in a corpse position - with left palm over right hand crossed over solar plexus. The reason I sleep on my back is to avoid the infrequent insomnia that sometimes results from a sensation that me legs are very heavy on each other when I'm lying on my side. [/color]
Have you tried sleeping on the floor laying on your back? I hear it's good for the back but I can't vouch for it.

^ There certainly is a psychological aspect to it, I would agree with your assessment.

I assume (by the little message you sent me a while ago) that you've cured yourself through exercise?

As for water - no, far from it. I am not into getting wet. In fact, I still hate it when I get sweaty, especially when the sweat goes cold.

Lying flat on my back - since I have a hunched back, I would feel a LOT of pain in my upper-back and neck. I simply need a rather raised set of pillows in order to lie down, otherwise it is simply painful, not just uncomfortable.

One thing I should note is that recently I've been losing sensation on-and-off in the tips of my figers, being replaced with a kind of numbness. Back in Canada, during winter, my fingertips always, always hurt no matter how much insulation I provide.

elborski: Are you familiar with Akathesia?

this might appear to be a non-sequitor, but its something I've observed in myself...I hurt more the day after having an orgasm than if I did not. Strange? In my head? I dunno? I think it has something to do with MU receptors and downregulating or something after an intense orgasm?

Its a mild thing especially the last few years that I've lifted and put on a little mass.

Do you exercise jamshyd?